Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yeetle Box - God Willing...

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says she wouldn't hesitate to run for the presidency in four years if it's God's will. Apparently, without God on the ticket, Palin does not have great hopes for winning the presidency in 2012. Governor Palin's handlers have hinted she is vetting God now for a possible run in 2012 or 2016.

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday.

"And if there is an open door in '12 or four years later, and if it is something that is going to be good for my family, for my state, for my nation, an opportunity for me, then I'll plow through that door. I'll plow through knowing God is plowin' with me."

"I think the Republican ticket represented too much of the status quo, too much of what had gone on in these last eight years, that Americans were kind of shaking their heads like going, wait a minute, how did we run up a $10 trillion debt in a Republican administration unless God wanted this? How have there been blunders with war strategy under a Republican administration? Especially known' that God is Republican," Palin said in a story published Sunday.

Palin has scheduled a series of national interviews this week with Fox, NBC's "Today" show and CNN - and, of course, the 700 Club. She also plans to attend the Republican Governors Association conference in Florida this week - God willing.

Palin has been prophesied as a possible presidential candidate in 2012 - Palin 12:16.

Certainly God could exercise certain influences in the meantime. She could seek re-election in 2010 or challenge Sen. Lisa Murkowski. Or, given that God has not shone brightly on Sen. Ted Stevens, who could be ousted by the Senate for his conviction on seven felony counts of failing to report more than $250,000 in gifts, mostly renovations on his home, Palin could run for Stevens' seat in a special election.

Palin's former pastor, Tim McGraw, says that like many Pentecostal churches, some members speak in tongues, although he says he's never seen Palin do so. Church member Caroline Spangler told CNN, "When the spirit comes on you, you utter things that nobody else can understand ... only God can understand what is coming out of our mouths."


Which explains a lot.


No comments: