Saturday, December 24, 2005

It's Oblogatory

I suppose it's oblogatory of me to mention something about the holidays. Specifically, I should say something about Christmas since I was raised within a Christian household. Had I been raised within an Africaan household, I might mention something about Kwanzaa, but I wasn't, so I won't. And, if I had been raised inside of a Jewish household, I would probably want to mention something about Hannukah, but I wasn't. So, like Kwanzaa, I have nothing to say about Hannukah except that both are holidays, and both are celebrated by groups other than Christians.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is this: I was not raised within an Africaan or Jewish household, so I can only comment on the Christian holidays, such as Christmas, Easter, and Halloween.

And, I guess I should wish everyone a Merry Christmas, except for those other people mentioned above.

So, Merry Christmas to some of you, and to some of you, a happy new year - except those who are Jewish since they go by a different calendar.

The Yeetle Box

No comments: