Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Yeetle Box - Man Dead With TV On

I am not an insentive person. Most of the time. I understand that a person's death is a sad thing for those close to that person.

But what if nobody cared if you were dead. For a year? As was the case with Vincenzo Ricardo, 70, who apparently died of natural causes, according to Suffolk County’s deputy chief medical examiner.

Mr. Ricardo's partially mummified body, dead for more than a year, was found in a chair in front of his television. The television was still on.

This is sad.

Mr. Ricardo's wife had died a year earlier and no one noticed he was dead. For a year. With the television on.

I'll leave to more eloquent writers, bloggers, and philosphers the eulogizing. For now, I am stuck on one thing:

What was he watching on television that KILLED HIM!

And who was paying the electric bill to keep the television on during his dying and subsequent death?

Stories of insensitive neighbors abound from the dawn of time - a la the Flintstones and the Rubbles.

What was he watching that horrified him so?

And who paid the electric bill?

I assume he did not have cable television, for the cable company would surely have disconnected the cable after so many months of non-payment.

I read he died of natural causes. I don't think so.

Was it you, Home Shopping Network? Or you, The Disney Channel.

We need a full line up of channels and programs to get to the culprit. But this much I know, television kills.

No comments: