Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Yeetle Box - I Know It's Only Rock 'n Roll, but...

In comments published Tuesday, Keith Richards, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father’s ashes mixed with cocaine.

“The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,” Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

“He was cremated, and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared,” he said, adding that “it went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

In other news, Keith Richards underwent an operation in New Zealand last year after falling out of a tree in Fiji.

“I’ve no pretensions about immortality,” said Richards. “I’m the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky."


Mick Jagger, who reportedly lost his mother in a mysterious accident, commented briefly: "She's resting peacefully now."

And Charlie Watts, long-time drummer for The Rolling Stones, added, "Me grandmum loved Keith."

Bill Wyman smiled - a lot, then remarked, "You know, if you think about it, there's a Keith Richards in all of us."

No comments: