Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Scent of a Pit Bull

Amy Rice, a Minneapolis woman, said she bit a pit bull on the nose to get the dog to release the grip it had on the throat of her Labrador retriever. The woman said she tried to pry the jaws of the female pit bull apart to free her dog, Ella, but she was forced to resort to more drastic measures when the large dog refused to relent.

"I ended up biting the pit bull on the nose," she said. "I didn't plan it, that's what happened. I broke the skin and had pit bull blood in my mouth. I knew what happened and I knew that it wasn't good."

She said the Labrador was given several staples and stitches to her head and suffers from a crushed ear canal as a result of the attack. The pit bull has been quarantined by Minneapolis Animal Control to determine whether the animal has rabies. Ms. Rice was tested for rabies and quarantined by Animal Control. She was released after 24 hours during a fool moon.

The pit bull's lawyer issued an order of protection against Ms. Rice. Genealogists are research whether or not Ms. Rice is related to the author Anne Rice, who has written extensively about vampires.

No comments: