Thursday, May 29, 2008

Yeetle Box - Clinton in for Life

Hillary Clinton is making another pitch to all superdelegates before the last primary contests end on June 3, 2008 - or, as has been dubbed by some, HRC: The Final Campain.

In an open letter to the remaining undeclared superdelegates, she argumes she is more electable than Obama.

"Recent polls and election results show a clear trend: I am ahead in states that have been critical to victory in the past two elections. From Ohio, to Pennsylvania, to West Virginia and beyond, like Buzz Lightyear, the results of recent primaries in battleground states show that I have strong support from the regions and demographics Democrats need to take back the White House - including, dumb, white people and really dumb white people, as well as Terry McAullife.

"I am also currently ahead of Senator McCain in Gallup national tracking polls, while Senator Obama is behind him - and you can ask Larry Craig what that means. And nearly all, though not those that count, independent analyses show that I am in a stronger position to win the Electoral College, primarily because I lead Senator McCain in Florida and Ohio.


"In addition, when the primaries are finished, I expect to lead in the popular vote and in delegates earned through primaries. Of course, we do not take the caucas states seriously because they did not vote for me. Ultimately, the point of our primary process is to pick the nominee who most wants it -- the one who would be the most satisfied with the results, who has the greatest support from members of our party, and who is most likely to win (or lose) in November.

"So I hope you will consider not just the strength of the coalition backing me, but also that more people will have cast their votes for me - a coalition doomed to disintegrate should you lack a timely response to this request.

"Finally, I am in this race because I believe staying in this race will help unite the Democratic Party on my side. I believe that if Senator Obama and I both make our case -- and all Democrats have the chance to make their voices heard -- everyone will be more likely to rally around the nominee [read "me."].


In the end, I am committed to unifying this party - after January 2009. What Senator Obama and I share is so much greater than our differences; and no matter who wins this nomination, I will do everything I can to bring us together and move us forward. That's not a bad deal when you consider that I have tantrumed my way into the hearts and minds of women all across the world and beyond.

"But at this point, neither of us has crossed the finish line. He needs fewer delegates than I need to win the nomination legitimately. But this is not about legitimacy. I hope that in the time remaining, you will think hard - really, really hard - about which candidate has the best chance to lead our party to victory in November - and the numerous cabinet posts we will need to fill.


p.s. This McClelland has got me steamed. It's just a way to steal from me media attention. And I won't stand for that. Today, I have ordered my staff to assassinate McClelland so that we may more properly focus on my candidacy.

May God bless you and your families and keep them safe, and may God bless America.

Hillary Rodham Clinton
Presumptive Nominee in Waiting


No comments: