Thursday, June 05, 2008

Yeetle Box - McCain Seeks Clinton Voters

Senator McCain, moved on Wednesday to woo women and other Clinton backers, seeking to cash in on the disappointment of Clinton's supports.

"I would welcome any of Senator Clinton's supporters' vote," McCain said in Louisiana, adding he would seek backing from people across the political spectrum - except for those supporting Bob Baar. "Can't stand that guy," say McCain.

"I think there's a lot of Senator Clinton's supporters who will support me because of their belief that Senator Obama does not have the experience or the knowledge or the judgment to address this nation's national security challenges," McCain said, echoing the same losing themes Clinton shrieked for 16 months.

McCain, like Obama, complimented Clinton on Tuesday night even as he ripped into his new Democratic opponent.

"She deserves a lot more appreciation than she sometimes received," McCain said of Clinton. "As the father of three daughters, I owe her a debt for inspiring millions of women to believe there is no opportunity in this great country beyond their reach."

When noted that Obama was a black man, and, therefore, a significant figure in American history as well, McCain looked befuddled. "He's black?"

McCain does have an advantage. Just as Hillary Clinton courted the dumb, white voter, so, too, McCain will be hoping to sway the ignorant toward his side.

"I'm disappointed that Hillary didn't make it, being a female," said Brittany Ford, 19, a black student from Columbus, Ohio. She said she's now looking at McCain, adding simply: "I don't care for Obama. He's just so white! Maybe off-white. I don't know. "

McCain looked gleeful as he thumbed the Clinton playbook. "This is a goldmine!" he cackled. "Just wait until I get him a town hall meeting! I'll be much better at implementing the Clinton playbook than Clinton because I'm a Republican with the full backing of the current president."

Rock on, McCain.



No comments: