Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Yeetle Box - Nailed!

George Chandler said he feels fine - after a nail gun fired a 2.5 inch nail into the top of his head.

Chandler and a friend were doing a project in a backyard when the nail gun hose became tangled, causing the tool to fire one nail - into his head.

Chandler said Monday he told his friend he didn't know where the nail went, but he felt a sting on the top of his head. His friend states he had "no idea" where the nail went either, but he felt sorry for the sting on the top of his friend's head, then packed up his nail gun and left quickly. He returned shortly.

They discovered that the nail was driven deep into Chandler's head. After considering several options, including doing nothing at all, they called an ambulance. Chandler was rushed to a hospital.

"I felt bad," said his friend, who stayed behind to finish the job. "But I had a job to do, too. You can't just stop these kind of jobs just because somebody has a little nail in their head."

Chandler said a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the nail. "I took one look at the nail and said, 'Nurse, hand me my claw hammer, STAT!' and threw down the pry bar. I felt I needed a precision instrument."

Chandler said he feels "very lucky, very, very lucky" to have escaped serious injury. "I feel very, very, very lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky..."

There ARE no serious injuries.

No comments: