Friday, January 25, 2008

Yeetle Box - Of Goth and Pets

A British bus driver refused to allow a "goth" on board with his girlfriend - whom he was walking on a leash.

"He shoved me off the bus," Dani Graves said. "He said, 'We don't let freaks and dogs like you on. We have enough freaks in Parliament!' "

"I didn't shove them off the bus," said the bus driver. "I simply nudged them a lil. You know? I mean, they didn't look human! They looked freaky and twisted like they needed a good bus-bumpin'."

Said Mr. Graves, "He DID shove me, and I'm Goth enough to admit it. Goths aren't liars! We're people, too! I don't know why we treated differently wherever we go. Why can't we all just get along."

Graves and his "pet," Tasha Maltby, nicknamed "Bone", say they felt "victimized" and have complained to the bus company.

Their complaint includes discrimination against them on the basis of Goth-ness and posing as a dog.

The bus company issued the following statement:

"We are investigating this incident and take discrimination quite seriously. We are prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure our bus drivers behave with the utmost civility towards our riders - except Goth and dogs. That's our policy. We can only hope the bus driver acted in accordance with the complaint filed against him."

The Yeetle Box

No comments: