Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Yeetle Box - Ax - Wielding Grandma Knocks Out Poltergeist

Accidentally locked out of her home and stuck in the bitter cold, Geraldine “Gerry” Palmer, 90, from Durango, Colorado, took an ax to her own sliding glass door. Ms. Palmer said her sliding glass door locked behind her after she went outside to rearrange some "things" that had gotten wet on the patio - a phenomenon commonly attributed to poltergeist.

Snow had formed a pile about 7 feet high between her and the yard, so she had no escape. So Palmer picked up an old ax she had once used to chop wood and broke into her own home. Snow was not available for comment.

“I had to bang the glass four times with the ax before it broke,” she said. "But when it broke, I felt a sudden gush of cold air. That's when I knew I got 'em!"

After smashing the glass in the sliding patio door, she reached inside and unlocked it - then proceeded to smash every window in the house "just in case this happens again."
According to Ms. Palmer, poltergeist have been haunting ever since her husband died four years ago.
"I think we've seen the last of them now," said Ms. Palmer. "At least they know I'm not afraid to defend myself. Is it drafty in here?"

No comments: