Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yeetle Box - Hillary Clinton Demonstrates Bravery "Did I Say Sniper? Ooops!"


Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign said Senator Clinton "misspoke" when saying last week she had landed under sniper fire during a trip to Bosnia as first lady in March 1996. She later characterized the episode as a "misstatement" and a "minor blip."

"Even then, it all depends on what the meaning of "blip" is," she added.

During a speech last Monday on Iraq, she said of the Bosnia trip: "I remember landing under sniper fire. I threw myself on a bomb to protect Chelsea."


She thought for a minute or two, then continued, "Then, I grabbed the nearest weapon and opened fire on the insurgents. After subduing them, I took their weapons and negotiated peace in Bosnia. Honest! There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead they just ran with their heads down to get into the vehicles to get to the base."



According to an Associated Press story at the time, Clinton was placed under no extraordinary risks on the trip. And one of her companions, comedian Sinbad, told The Washington Post he has no recollection either of the threat or reality of gunfire."I was just there for the jokes, you know? I'm not running for president."

Said Senator Clinton, "It's a damned good think Sinbad isn't running for president. He can't tell the difference between snipers and hecklers!"

Let's let this video of the visit decide this matter once and for all.



Final Score:

Sindbad 1
Clinton 0

The Yeetle Box

No comments: