Thursday, March 13, 2008

Yeetle Box - Spare The Rod


Danbury, Connecticut officials have been notified they are being sued by a student who was awakened in class by a teacher who made a loud noise. The student claims that, while sleeping, suffered hearing damage when his teacher woke him up by slamming her hand down on the boy's desk - apparently enough to cause damage to his eardrum.

Attorney Alan Barry says 15-year-old Vinicios Robacher suffered pain and "very severe injuries to his left eardrum" when teacher Melissa Nadeau abruptly slammed the palm of her hand on his desk on Dec. 4."What we're most interested in, quite frankly, is who ordered the code red?"

The boy stated in an incident report, "One minute I'm listening to some boring thing about algebra, and the next minute I dozed off. Then, the next minute, a sudden blow! Now, I hear badly and I have...I have...very severe inuries to my left eardrum."

A classmate stated, "Well, first of all, everybody knows Ms. Nadeau wanted to be a nun, so that says a lot about her. And she's B-0-R-I-N-G!"

A former student of Ms. Nadeau's and a cheerleader said, "Are we gonna have to yell even louder at the games? Thanks Nadeau."

Another student stated loudly, "HE'S DEAF!"

A city official says the matter has been referred to Danbury's insurance carrier and to the Commission on the Deaf and Hearing Impaired.

Said Ms Nadeau, "Connecticut's state motto is "Qui Transtulit Sustinet" meaning "He Who Transplanted Still Sustains. I sustained a student today."

No comments: